Composer / Sound Designer
We are looking for a junior composer/sound designer to join our team and create bespoke music & sound design for advertising, animation and short films. This is a full-time salaried position in our Dublin studio, with the option to work remotely if preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating with directors/commercial clients, but we are open to working with anyone who can demonstrate a strong aptitude for working to picture.
We’re looking for someone:
- With a strong aptitude and passion for creating original music/sound design for moving image.
- Who is versatile and can wear many different hats as a composer, producer, sound editor, designer and engineer;
- With an excellent ear for production and understanding of the technical aspects involved in recording, producing and mixing;
- With a broad musical palette and an ability to compose/produce music in a wide variety of genres;
- Who is organised, ambitious and self-motivated, but also thrives off a collaborative, open and fast-paced working environment;
- Who isn’t afraid to share their ideas and can interpret and respond to feedback with poise and speed;
- With a high level of proficiency in at least one professional DAW such as Pro Tools, Ableton, Logic or Cubase.
If you are interested we’d love to see some examples of your work. Please send 3 video clips (Vimeo/Youtube links please) where you composed music (and/or created sound design) specifically for the film. Any examples of work composed to picture, whether for a short film, advertisement, scoring competition or demo/spec work, will be taken into consideration.
Please send the above, along with your CV and a short cover letter – tell us about yourself, your work, your influences, what instruments you play, why you’d be a good fit for the job etc. – to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!
*Application deadline is Friday May 20th